Pre poo treatment anyone?
A pre poo treatment is usually the first step before washing my hair. I only recently included this step into my wash routine and let me tell you, it is worth the time. My hair is softer, shiner and generally all round healthy.
It is basically a bunch of oils mixed together to add moisture back into hair, especially with the crazy Nairobi heat we just had, my hair has just been frying. It also avoids the harsh effects of the shampoo, ain’t nobody got time to stripped hair, I know I don’t. And it is also a great detangling agent, cuts my dentangling time by hair. Amen.
I only use four oils; Olive oil, Castor oil, Almond oil & Eucalyptus oil.
- Olive oil is my number 1 go to oil, I cannot live without it. It adds shine and strength to your hair, makes your hair soft and manageable, reduces dandruff when mixed with lemon and lastly gives your hair the moisture it needs.
- Castor oil. It improves circulation which will increase hair growth. Great for controlling split ends, prevents hair loss and is great at moisturising the scalp as it prevents it from drying out.
- Almond oil is a new addition and so far I am so in love with it. It adds shine to the hair as it contains vitamins A, B and E. Strengthens and repairs split ends, treats dandruff, prevents hair loss and stimulates hair growth by increasing blood circulation.
- Eucalyptus oil. Dear portent eucalyptus oil. This oil has a really really strong smell, one whiff and you’re a goner, but it’s the best. It is great at relieving itchy scalp, stimulates hair growth by increasing blood circulation to the hair roots and lastly leaves your hair healthy and shiny.
All you’ll need for this recipe is;
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
– 2 tablespoons of castor oil.
– 2 tablespoons of almond oil.
– 5 to 10 drops of eucalyptus oil.
Mix it all up in a bowl and warm it up using a water bath. Apply it into your hair and cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes to an hour. I normally twist up my hair when putting the mixture in it
Wash and style your hair as you normally would.
My lazy self and I love the messy, lazy puff so that is what you shall find me rocking majority of the time. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Hope you enjoyed.
Talk to you soon.